Today is July 15th, it’s still 98 and some hours until Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth is released on October 22nd! But I wanted to put together a list of what we know about Allegiant! So, here’s the list!
1. The cover, yes, we have the cover! The cover was release on May 9th, during the Today show! The cover is bright orange with a huge water like circle. Joel Tippie is the creative force behind the cover. Veronice Roth gave us a clue: the water symbol is not a faction symbol! Because that was something a lot of people were thinking. But, what was also said, is that it IS a symbol that will be featured in the book. Also, yes that is O’Hare at the bottom. Makes me really curious!
Click HERE to read Veronica’s post about the cover.
2. Allegiant is done! On July 8th, Veronica blogged that Allegiant is done and it’s heading to the printer! Aah!
3. Veronica Roth will tour the USA to promote her book! She’ll visit New York, Dallas, San Fransisco and Downers Grove!
4. The meaning of Allegiant. MTV talked to Veronica about the meaning of Allegiant. This is what she said: ” It means “one who is loyal or faithful,” and I think it changes in the context of the novel depending on who you apply it to. That’s as specific as I can be.” As you can read, she doesn’t spill much about the book and keeps it all a really big secret. Argh, I’m so excited for this book and the meaning of Allegiant really applies to a lot of characters. It could be about anyone!
5. No cliffhanger! There, she said it! There will be no cliffhanger. Allegiant will have a pretty solid resolution.
6. In Allegiant, we will learn more about the past, but there will be no flashbacks because the story is moving-forward.
7. New places will be discovered in Allegiant! Maybe the new places can be linked back to the cover: O’Hare at the bottom. What do you think?
8. There will be a new male character! But… who will that be?
9. The book (paperback) has 496 pages.
10. Synopsis: “What if your whole world was a lie?
What if a single revelation—like a single choice—changed everything?
What if love and loyalty made you do things you never expected?”
Well, I think that’s it… If there’s more, I’d like to know! I can tell you I’m wayyyyy to excited for this book. I felt so EMPTY after finishing Insurgent! It only took me 2 days to read both books, so it felt like being kicked back into reality after closing Insurgent, it was so unreal!
AAAAH, hurry up October 22nd!